Linebooker is South Africa’s largest online transport network, and our robust ‘Freight’ and ‘Services’ technology platform delivers reliability, efficiency and a seamless experience for customers and truckers. We look after the load from beginning to end and handle all administration.
The Linebooker Team – We know the business
It takes an incredible team to create something revolutionary. The Linebooker team are all Supply Chain and Logistics professionals with a combined 60 plus years experience in the industry at companies: Vector Logistics, Phillip Morris, CCS Logistics, Uti, Rolls Royce, Woolworths. We understand the challenges for both freight customers and transporters, and we have set out to solve them with a simple, innovative and transformative platform.
Chief Executive Officer
Naudé is a founder of Linebooker and the Chief Executive Officer. He was appointed to the position in March 2019.
He has held several senior positions within the Logistics and Supply Chain industry prior to his appointment at Linebooker.
- Managing Director of Commercial Cold Storage (CCS), a division of the Oceana Group and part of Oceana Group Executive team.
- Regional Operations Manager and Logistics Manager and at Vector Logistics.
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Global Cold Chain Alliance based in the USA.
Grey College (Bloemfontein)
B.Comm in Economics & Logistics: University of Stellenbosch
Chief Operating Officer
Nick is the Chief Operating Officer and founder of Linebooker (Pty) Ltd.
He has more than 20 years’ experience in South African logistics and supply chain sector.
- Logistics Services Manager at Commercial Cold Storage (CCS) Logistics (Oceana Group).
- Rialto Foods as Supply Chain Manager.
- Vector Logistics for 13 years as Business Analyst, Regional Logistics Manager, Branch Manager and Demand Chain Manager.
Chief Financial Officer
Julius is the Chief Financial Officer of Linebooker (Pty) Ltd. Julius was appointed to the position of Chief Financial Officer of Linebooker in August 2018.
- He started his career at Rolls-Royce in London, UK as management accountant and Group Financial Accountant.
- On his return to South Africa he took a position as Business Development and Planning Manager (focused on strategy) at Phillip Morris.
B.Comm (Hons) in Management Accounting; University of Stellenbosch
Hugo is the Managing Director for Linebooker (Pty) Ltd and based in Johannesburg. He was appointed in February 2020.
He has held several senior positions within the FMCG and Chemical Logistics and Supply Chain industries prior to his appointment at Linebooker.
- Head of Logistics and Supply Chain in Africa for BASF, the largest chemical company in the world, where his team was awarded the BASF Global Supply Chain award for Innovation.
- Regional Operations Manager, Logistics Manager and Business Improvement Manager at Vector Logistics, part of the RCL Group.
B.Comm (Hons) in Logistics and Supply Chain Management: University of Stellenbosch
Contact us if you would like us to come and demonstrate the platform to your business.
Linebooker started in February 2017 and received investment from Patrice Motsepe’s Africa Rainbow Capital (ARC) via GemCap in 2018. Patrice Motsepe is a South African billionaire businessman. He is the founder and executive chairman of African Rainbow Minerals, which has interests in gold, ferrous metals, base metals, and platinum.
This partnership was forged in addition to a simultaneous investment by Venturen (www.venturen.partners) who also plays an active strategic role via its board participation.
Efficiently connecting customers and transporters
We are not a brokerage; we use technology to efficiently connect customers to transporters on a fully transparent basis. Our platform provides customers instant availability at the best price or an efficient way to manage current transporters. This means cost savings versus administering multiple vendors and daily manual telephone communication, negotiation and planning to arrange transport to confirm availability with current transporters
Logistics – time to use new technology
Lower your transport administration and execution costs by up to 30%. Avoid daily multiple emails and phone calls to schedule, secure and manage deliveries. Do you know on what basis your current transporters are allocated loads? Can you access, negotiate and confirm with 10300 plus trucks, 240 plus transport companies within 30 minutes? Linebooker platform gives you the ability with full control and transparency of all your transport costs.
Customer and transporter match
Linebooker is committed to making it easier for millions of transporters by giving them direct access to a large customer base with no need to subcontract, and to change the everyday workload of Logistics Managers and their controllers manually calling and emailing to arrange and execute deliveries.
Service and admin
Linebooker has reshaped the infrastructure around trucking to confirm availability, execute deliveries, handle all payments, manage costs more effectively and allowing transporters and customers to deal with one vendor.